Cannon, armour, animals, and pavilions are great, but it is the re-enactors who truly bring the Middle Ages to life each year at the Abbey Medieval Festival!
Thirty-eight re-enactment groups from around the country will attend this year’s event. These groups are dedicated to re-enacting medieval life from Europe and the Near East from 600-1600AD.
These groups commit many hours to ensure the quality and authenticity of their presentation and performance at the Abbey Medieval Festival. Visitors to the encampments will see history come alive as re-enactors portray life, arts, and traditions of the Middle Ages.
We are proud to be among Australia’s best re-enactment events.
- Blackpool Vikings
- Hedeby Living History Traders
- Jorth Gar – New Varangian Guard
- NEMAS – New England Medieval Arts Society
- The Norviks
- Rognvalds Lith
- Saga Vikings
- Staraya Ladoga (Stray Dogs)
- Cottereaux: Company of the Dagger
- New Varangian Guard – Rusland
- Order of the Golden Wheel
- Order of the Horse
- Poor Fellow Knights of Christ and of the Temple of Solomon (Knights Templar)
- Citadel Medieval Society
- Companie Draco Routiers
- Company of the Phoenix
- Company of the Tavern
- Horses, Hounds, Hunters and Farmers
- Janissary Barracks
- Knights of the Empire Germanica
- Knights of the Longdog
- Make your own Medieval Experience
- Order of Artisans and Kindred Spirits
- Order of St Knud
- Order of the Dracul
- Re-enacting Independently For Fun (RIFF)
- The Companions of the Silver Horse
SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS